The Smolny building is established in the very center of Saint-Petersburg. At behest of Catherine the Great it was commissioned from Giacomo Quarenghi specially for the Institute for Noble Maidens, Russia's first educational establishment for women in the year 1806. The planning of the Smolny is still used as a model for construction of educational establishments. The Smolny is also famous for its role in the October Revolution in 1917 since it was chosen as Bolshevik headquarters. The present day this is where the administration of Saint-Petersburg is located. The presenter Irina Pudova set out to the Smolny to learn where Tweedledum and Tweedledee have come from and why the revolutionary Trotsky cycled along the corridors, as well as to see the room where the Decree on Peace was written by Lenin.