The holy trinity Novo-Golutvin nunnery


The Holy Trinity Novo-Golutvin Nunnery is one of the largest nunneries in Russia. The bishop’s residence of the Kolomna Diocese was located here from 1350 onwards, and the Novo-Golutvin Monastery was later set up here.

The Holy Trinity Novo-Golutvin Nunnery is one of the largest nunneries in Russia. A spiritual center has existed on this site since the 14th century. The bishop’s residence of the Kolomna Diocese was located here from 1350 onwards, and the Novo-Golutvin Monastery was later set up here. Having been closed in the wake of the communist revolution, a nunnery was opened here in 1989. The nuns restored the chapels and places of worship, opened embroidery and ceramics workshops, and created a children’s refuge. Host Nadezhda Lebedeva visits the nunnery and finds out why the nuns breed Central Asian shepherd dogs.