The city of Salekhard was founded on the highst bank of Polyj river, but up to the year 1993 for more than three centuries it has been called Obdorsk, which means «situated near to Ob». Everyone considers oneself as a fisherman. If not fishing nets, but a rod would be kept in every house. The presenter of RTG TV Andrej Ivanov visited the Salekhard fishery combine, where about 60 kinds of fish are turned out. The combine was launched in the year 2005. Everything was started from scratch: new workshops were built, the newest equipment was bought. But the formulation remained traditional. In the year 1931 the first fish cannery was opened in Obdorsk. The young Soviet Union needed currency. Thousands of can tins went from the production line abroad! Only the fish of precious races was manufactured. It was Salekhard which was badly known even in USSR, that was presented at New York's International Fish Exhibition in the year 1939! Tens of Jamal trade enterprises deliver fish to the combine. Fishermen of the region's South and those of Tazov Gulf bring their landing there. One of the most interesting workshop is tinned food factory. Tens of species are produced by Salekhard fishery combine. Not hundreds, but thousands of can-tins daily. Whitefish, broad whitefish, pydschjan, burbot's liver are of a great value, and a smoked coregonus is always called «Siberian sprats» and is preferred abroad to the Baltic's production.